Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love Scrubs

Dr. Cox: The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.
Turk: What?
Dr. Cox: Do you understand the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby, you just lost the battle.
Turk: You should give speeches to teenage girls.

Husband and I have been watching Scrubs on Netflix lately. This dialogue was on the episode we watched the other night. I laughed pretty hard at it and my husband just looked at me a little confused. He doesn't know how close THAT hit to home. Haha.

It's true though. Because that's my biggest problem. Some days, I don't hate the way I look. Which is when I start to eat. And then it's all over. The next thing I know, my clothes don't fit.

I have pretty good motivation though. One thing I am eternally grateful for is my husband's honesty. He is never afraid to tell me when he thinks I have gotten fatter. In turn, I have to make sure to not act upset with him when he says it. He's good at picking up when I'm upset and if I am when he basically calls me fat, he won't. And then it will be harder to tell when I really have gotten fatter.

Also, he won't buy me new clothes. Having gained weight since we moved, some of my clothes are a little snug. The other day, he asked me what was taking me so long to get dressed. I told him my clothes were snug so I didn't like the way they looked.
He said "Well, you'd better lose some weight then, cause you have TONS of clothes and I'm not buying you any more right now."

Bingo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addendum: After reading that, I feel like it makes my husband kind of sound like a douche. I would like to add that he's not at all. He's kind, generous, soft-spoken, self-sacrificing and INCREDIBLE in bed. But he's also honest to fault and if I have gotten fatter, he sees nothing wrong with saying it. And I love that about him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment