Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Measuring size

Last night I went out for a drink with a few of my friends. The topic of dieting came up (which it often does, because our one friend is a dietitian) and they were discussing the HCG diet. They talked about how it would be impossible for them, and how they don't know how any one could get through the day eating under 1,000 Calories. I nodded my head in agreement and said "yeah". Because I'm a terrible liar, so when lying is my only option, I say nothing.

I'm also afraid I'm not going to see pounds lost on my scale because I have been working out so much, so in case I don't have a loss, I'm also measuring my body (ribs, waist, hips, thigh, calf, biceps, forearm) to determine if I am at least smaller. A lack of loss of poundage is easier to deal with if I know I'm smaller. If nothing has decreased, I know I'm definitely not trying hard enough. Especially since I only really have two pairs of jeans (I would like another couple of pairs, but I refuse to purchase many pairs of pants at this size, it's like rewarding bad behavior) and the one pair feels like it has gotten bigger and the other pair feels like it has gotten smaller. I know this can be due to washing/shrinking/wearing/stretching but how do I know which pair to believe? On the plus side, I had gotten so large, even my underwear was feeling tight (so embarrassing), and I had a few styles I couldn't even wear at the start of the year because they were too small, and I'm back to being able to wear them. So that's good, right? RIGHT?

I realized this past year when making green bean casserole (my Thanksgiving weakness) that the only ingredient in the stuff that's bullshit is the fried onions. The mushroom soup (I use the Pacific brand organic version because it seems less gross and weird than Campbell's), milk, and green beans are not real high cal for the quantity. So that's what I'm eating today. I made a massive bowl of it (that is more than enough food to keep my stomach full for a whole day) and it's only 300 Calories. It's loaded with fiber from the beans, which might make me shit myself, but I'm hoping that if I consume it slowly enough throughout the day, that won't be an issue. I'll definitely take the dog for a run PRIOR to finishing it, because I will die of embarrassment if I shit myself in public.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's always a good idea to take measurements as well as weight. Poundage can't always be seen, but measurements can.

    I might need to try green bean casserole. I've never had it, but I adore green beans.

    xx

    ReplyDelete