Thursday, February 25, 2016

Making up for yesterday

I only ended up eating half of the green bean casserole, which was good because I really had hardly anything else in my system and even the half portion caused me to have serious diarrhea (you're welcome for that image) last night around 7 pm. So I was at a decent deficit most of last night, which was good until Husband wanted to go out to a local nano brewery that we love. I allowed myself two beers because I had done so well all day, but caved and ordered a chorizo taco. This place specializes in gourmet tacos and I couldn't hold out. Luckily, you order each individual taco and they don't come with any sides so ordering one taco is just that.

If I had stopped there, I would have felt okay. I had hardly eaten anything and managed to go for a decent run, so it would have been bearable. But then I got home. And husband opened up the bag of molasses cookies my mom sent us. And I ate four. FOUR OF THEM. They are not small cookies either. And the worst part was, I wasn't even hungry, just a little bit tipsy from the beers on an empty stomach. Drinking has a bad habit of leading to eating. So yesterday ended up pretty terrible. 

Today went well though. I made it through the day on a small smoothie, a green juice, a handful of sunflower seeds, and a handful of garlic crisp thingies. It would have been better if I had gotten a workout in, but today was busy and I was on my feet for 6 hours straight so at least I kept moving. It's only 7 pm but I am going to do some laundry and go to bed before I ruin a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment