Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Girls are full of sabotage

One thing that sucks about working in a cafe is that there is so much junk food around. If I bring my own lunch, I am quite good at resisting junk. But the girls I work with are always making french fries and stuff, which I neither enjoy nor should be consuming. And as much as I protest, they always dump a plate of them in front of me and won't get off my back about it until I eat a couple of them. Even though my reasons for not eating them are legitimate: They make me tired, too many refined carbs make my allergies worsen (drastically) and I'm just not in the mood. But they don't take no for an answer. So I had seven french fries with my salmon burgers today. Which sucks. They didn't even taste good.

But when I got home, I went for a 2 mile run and then made dinner (burgers sans buns and asparagus) and then we went for a ten mile bike ride.

Fed Up: I wish I liked bud light and other light beers. I have tried them because I am all for lower calorie, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy them. Also, I did indeed get some nooky! It made my weekend. I needed it. :)

Samzi and Skinny_Legs: Thanks for your comments. I had a good weekend :)

I have been wanting a sandwich lately. That's probably the only thing about a "Low-carb lifestyle" that I truly miss. Well, that and cereal. I might just break down and have a sandwich. Maybe this weekend. I don't have anything in my house to make one. Hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Mjeh, you could bake low carb bread. It is actually pretty tastey and it covers the sandwich cravings. I would have linked you the recipe, but the only ones I found online are in nordic languages :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are these sandwich thin things. They're thin and have like 100 calories and are made with whole grain. Or there are these flat bread things. They're bigger and flat and you roll them. Those are like 90-100 calories. The last one I mentioned has 6g (or around 6 anyway - it might depend on the brand and which one exactly) net carbs. I think I've seen 80 calorie sandwich buns? I don't remember exactly. If you look around the bread aisle you should be able to find something though.

    ReplyDelete