Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Veg.

So I got Husband on board with eating a plant based diet. This is good because it allows me to keep ice cream, cheese, and other things I tend to binge on out of the house. It also means the house is full of spinach, apples, peaches, pineapple, carrots, peppers, grapes, broccoli, bananas, kale, collard greens... you get the point. Produce.

It's not entirely vegan or even vegetarian. I would be cool with that, but Husband isn't exactly on board to that degree. He still wants to go out for burgers on the weekends. It is, however, making meals during the week lower in calories. Like tonight instead of beef burgers, he wants to make portobello burgers. This is easily shaving HUNDREDS of Calories from dinner.

I had wanted to run today but it is raining and the dog hates the rain. I could go without him, and  there is a chance I still will, but I'm going to use it as excuse to clean the house because that also really needs to be done, and at least I'll be moving around.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that your going towards a more plant based diet - and great that your husband's on board! It definitely makes things better when you have support like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!
    mu husband desicded to go on a diet as well (he gained like 10 lbs in Colorado.. blergh) and he wants to have salads every evening - guess what, I'm totally okay with that! Granted his ones usually come with grilled chicken, or smoked salmon which I tend not to add to mine, but still it makes it easier for me as well.
    I still skipped running today because I was still running a temperature last night and all my joints ached, but I dod go swimming. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll manage a short run before work
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete