Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The best medicine? Or sheer mockery?

What does it mean when some one starts laughing every time they make eye contact with you? The guy I work for does this. He used to occasionally laugh when he looked at me, and while I noticed, I sort of shrugged it off and figured something was on his mind. But lately, it's every time. He'll be conversing with other people or minding his own business, totally straight-faced, and then as soon as our eyes meet, he laughs.

I'm probably reading too much into this, but I feel like he's literally laughing at me. My life is sort of pathetic these days and all I can think is that he's probably comparing me to his wife. She is beautiful, smart, kind, funny, has an incredibly successful career, an adoring husband, and two perfect children. She's literally the first woman I have ever met that I feel intimidated by. I'm a champion at finding flaws - both in myself and others - and I can't find a flaw in this woman. Another of my close friends has admitted to having a girl crush on her. I've tried to convince myself that I'm overreacting to this whole scenario, but the laughing has been so consistent and I can't come up with any other logical explanation as to why this is happening, but it has kind of made me avoid being around him as much as possible. No one likes to be laughed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment