Monday, August 22, 2016

Not super skinny

The festival went about as well as it could have. I drank only slightly more than I was anticipating. The real trouble was actually after the festival when we got dinner with some friends. I wasn't hammered drunk, just enough to let my eating guard down, and had another beer, a black bean burger, fries, and ice cream. FML.

Often at these festivals, each group has a theme or somewhat matching outfits. Our group went with Tie-Dye. Unfortunately, the only tie-dye shirt I own is a form-fitting tank top. No exactly what I want to wear when I am a) over 160 lbs, and b) going to be drinking beer and eating food that can make me bloated. I tried to use the shirt as a reminder to keep my posture straight and stomach sucked in, something I accomplished for the better part of the day. At one point a woman was bringing around leftover donuts and one of the guys standing near me made a remark about how easy it is to get rid of free donuts around a bunch of fat men (not that all of these men I was surrounded by were that fat, but they certainly weren't thin or even fit by any stretch) and the woman handing out the donuts pointed to me and said "Well except for her, she's super skinny!"

Ha! It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud. Super skinny. No. Granted my stomach is realistically not huge (I carry all of my weight in my monster thighs and arms) but I am so far from super skinny. The remark really was comical. It only made me wish she was right.

The rest of the weekend of course involved food. We stayed the night at our friends' house and in the morning she made pancakes that were basically deep-fried. Then beer and pizza for lunch. Then a cookout with other friends in the evening. It was an absurd amount of food and I'm fairly certain I undid all of the work I put in all week long. So tempting to step on the scale this morning, but I resisted that. Just get back on track.

Taking the dog for a run this morning. No plans until this afternoon so we should be able to knock out about 10 miles. I'm dehydrated from the beer for sure, but it needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment