Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Adipose insulation

Since I posted my weight yesterday, and I had a good restricting day yesterday, I decided to step on the scale this morning, just to prove to myself that I was in control and posting my weight was not going to make the numbers rise. 

167.0

Fuck me. Don't ever think God doesn't have a sense of humor. 

At least it's motivating me to get moving today. I did my Tuesday 5 am PiYo yesterday, but aside from that got very little physical activity. 

And tonight, some friends of our are having a soft opening of their new taproom downtown so we will be going out and drinking, which means probably a good 400 Calories worth of beer I will consume. I would love to be motivated enough to only have one drink, but I'm quite certain I won't be able to stop at one. I'm just motivated enough to try to run at least 5 miles today to prepare for the damage. Ten miles would be better. 

Also I'm cold. This has me concerned that my metabolism is slowing too much. I've always run really hot. My whole life, always hot and sweating. The past week I have been freezing. When Husband got home from work last night, I was at home wearing thick socks, thick winter leggings, knit leg warmers, two shirts, a sweatshirt and my winter jacket. In the house. He laughed, and just said "What are you wearing?? You look ridiculous!" 
He knows I refuse to turn the heat up. It was already up to 68, which is warmer than we usually keep it because we both run hot and hate paying the high heating bill. 
How can I be this cold with all of this excess adipose insulation on my body???


2 comments:

  1. Hey darling,
    first of all: you managed to drop 20lbs in 2 months, that's amazing!!! You should fee so proud of yourself (heck, I'm proud of you!)
    as for the cold and the weight, could it be you're developing a cold or a thouatache or whatever? this may make you feel cold and get you a bit bloated at the same time.
    Stay strong and keep running!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluctuations happen. Please don't let it lose sight of the progress you've made. Try looking at it in the big picture - weekly or even monthly progress. 1lb is nothing compared to the progress you've made!

    Take care <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete