Saturday, November 21, 2015

Weekend struggle

It's always hard on the weekends. We got a big snow storm last night so this morning, husband wanted to have bacon and pancakes for breakfast. 

Of course, I didn't, but I had no good reason not to. I wanted to stop at two pancakes (they were pretty small) and one piece of duck bacon, but I ended up eating TWO pieces of bacon (shoot me now, but duck bacon is so damn tasty!) and three pancakes. The last pancake I didn't want but Husband was starting to make a fuss and I don't want to look suspicious so I ate the last one. Also, Husband made the pancakes and he added butter to ALL of them, as he was stacking them. The worst. 

So the least I can do is try to keep moving. Breakfast was 6 hours ago and since then I have shoveled the wet heavy snow for about an hour, caught up on all of the laundry, and cleaned the bedroom. It can't be enough to have burned off three buttered pancakes and two pieces of bacon, but hopefully it's something. 

And of course I want to not eat anything for the rest of the day, but Husband has decided to make a roast for dinner. My plan is to piggy back off of yesterday's dental work and say my teeth are still sore so I can't possibly eat meat. We'll see how well it goes over. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen duck bacon before (saying that, we also don't have turkey bacon in Australia). My brother loves bacon and pancakes though, and I used to cook the bacon, then pour the batter on top so the bacon was cooked into it.

    Hope the rest of your day goes well <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete