Monday, November 23, 2015

Running again

My food intake over the weekend was worse than I had hoped, but better than I had feared. Saturday night I ended up eating about 3 ounces of the roast, and husband had also decided to make mashed potatoes and garlic bread. Butter-soaked carbohydrates. So I also ended up consuming waaaayyyy more than what I should have. Then yesterday I avoided breakfast but Husband decided he wanted to grab pizza after church so that was unpleasant. Fortunately, it was thin crust that was on special so I had two pieces of 12" thin crust pizza and a beer for lunch (curse you beer!). Then for dinner I had two more pieces (because they were leftover), two bites of home made banana bread, and about 15 small pretzels. WAY more than I had hoped. 

In a fortunate turn of events, a friend of mine from church invited me to go running with her this morning. It was beautiful and chilly and sunny and I was glad spend more time with this friend. How nice to have a friend who wants to hang out while running and not eating! I'm out of shape, and she is pretty fit, so my insecurities about my physical fitness drove me to eat a banana before our run, even though I probably had plenty of energy stores from the weekend. We only ran a few miles, but it should have been enough to burn off the banana. Since then I have had black coffee, an amino acid supplement (trying to hold onto my muscles if I can, they are metabolism boosters!) and three Roma tomatoes in balsamic vinegar. I also did some cleaning, took a shower, and painted my nails. Anything to avoid eating! 

I haven't been at this very long, so I'm trying to be patient. But I've been working hard and have only lost three pounds. Curse getting older! If I had put in this effort even 5 years ago, I would have lost probably at least 6. It's no wonder women in their thirties don't eat anything. I'm getting close to thirty and I have already noticed my metabolism fall significantly. It just means I need to bump up my exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment