Friday, September 23, 2011

How to lose 5 lbs in 24 hrs

Step 1) Get violently ill.

This post may be a little gross to read. If you don't like reading gross posts, you should probably stop reading.

I'm not sure what happened to me the last day and a half. Two nights ago I started feeling sick to my stomach. Yesterday I felt even worse and ended up leaving work early for fear of throwing up. From the time I got home at 2:30 in the afternoon until I went to bed around 10pm last night, all I did was have diarrhea. Constantly. I don't even know how there was that much to come out of me. By the end of it, it was all just this yellowy liquid that burned a lot. It was awful. I was so empty and dehydrated that I was freezing and husband came in to the bedroom and asked why I just had a sweatshirt draped over me. I told him it was because I was too drained to even put it over my head.

It was around 10pm that the madness stopped and I knew I should eat something but I feared it would hurt too bad. I ended up having a banana, which took me almost an hour to eat, and a glass of water. This combination caused a little more burning liquid to be expelled from my body but that seemed to be about the end of it.

After having the banana I just wanted to go to bed. I was exhausted and I ended up shivering myself to sleep under flannel sheets, a heavy blanket and two down comforters while Husband tried to keep me warm.

I'm feeling much better this morning. Still pretty exhausted and a little afraid to eat anything but certainly in less pain.

Luckily I am only working a 3 hour shift today. Which hardly seems worth it, but today I am not complaining.

7 comments:

  1. ugg.. Sounds horrible... :(
    Hope you get better soon- try to drink as much as you can - but keep it to small sips..

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible!! So sorry you got sick! Sounds like a touch of the flu....I know I get weird 24 hours bug sometimes. Nothing positive about them except weight loss. :/

    Definately keep fluids up and SMALL sips as Kitty suggested. I know sometimes after being sick dehydration kicks in and I startd chugging stuff out of natural instinct and it ends up becoming a puke fest. Blah

    Hope you feel better and make it through your three hour shift ok. Get plenty of rest this weekend if possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awful. The ed voice says yeah 5lbs but what you had to go through for it...ick. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Well at least it's all over now and you came out 5lbs lighter!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm sorry to hear how bad you felt. But look at the bright side: all those pounds, gone! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that sounds terrible! I'm so sorry. Do you have any idea what it was caused by? Did you talk to your doctor at all?

    ReplyDelete