Saturday, August 6, 2011

Quick and painless

I hate trying on clothes. But dresses aren't so bad because my waist is the only part of my body that isn't disgusting so as long as I don't look at my arms or legs, I'm good.
I found a bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding coming up next month and I only had to try on a few dresses before I found one that was perfect. AND it was on sale so it was only 50 bucks which was also exciting. I spent about $200 on the dress for the last wedding I was in, so this was a nice treat.

My run yesterday was probably the worst of my life. I always listen to music on my phone when I run. But I was trying out this run keeper type of app and it wouldn't let me listen to Slacker Radio while the run keeper was going. So I went to shut it down and my phone froze! So I pulled the battery to reset it, it then waited about an hour to boot up (because it's a Blackberry; worst phone EVER) and once it "fully" booted, it froze again! So I kept running with no music while I waited for it to boot again. It wasn't until I was about 2.5 miles into my run that it started working again. I listen to a hits station when I run because it's usually upbeat music, but no. Not this time. It was all Boys Like Girls and Mariah Carey. Ugh.
Then, since I had a mack daddy of a blister on one of my toes, I wore my Nike's (rather than my Vibram's) running and once I FINALLY decided to just deal with whatever music came on I started getting the sharpest pain in my right knee and left shin. CURSES.

By that point I had had enough. I turned around and sprinted home through the pain just to get my run over with. I was done with that nonsense.

So tumblr.

It's funny, Gianna, that you would mention the not dark and depressing look of my blog. I was about to post about how I just started a tumblr account and I love it because there seem to be a lot more diet blogs on there with a positive outlook. I know personally that's why I keep the bright colors on my blog and my tumblr because I find I have the best weight loss and am the most active when I am happy (and not the other way around). That's actually why there are fewer and fewer blogs that I have been reading because they tend to start off positive and then slowly become depressing.
Don't get me wrong, I have my negative posts and I have times that I rant and complain. It's nice to have a place to let that out. And a few depressing blog posts won't make me stop reading a blog altogether. But I try to also keep a positive outlook because I know if I don't, I won't get anywhere, I will just make myself miserable.

If any one else has a tumblr, please feel free to share! Even if it's not "upbeat", I still find there are nice pictures and quotes and things even on the less positive blogs.

Mine is:

http://stillworking.tumblr.com

Do something today that you LOVE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment