Thursday, September 1, 2016

It's early. Or is it late?

Hunger has been keeping me awake at night. It's not unbearable, just enough to make sleep impossible. I went to bed at 11:30 (later than normal for a morning person such as myself) and didn't fall asleep until 1 am. I then awoke at 2:45 and at 4:45 threw in the towel on trying to sleep any more. My alarm would be going off soon anyway. So its 5:30 now, and I made myself some tea and am painting my nails to avoid eating. If I was going to get up and eat I might as well have just stayed in bed.

Today is the first of the month and I'm not stepping on a scale. I'm going to try to hold out until I go to Husband's brother's wedding October 1st (which will mean a Sept 27 weigh-in because that's when we are leaving town).

But I feel smaller. Last night I wore some shorts when we went out for drinks (at a place that doesn't serve food, yay!) that were too small for me until yesterday.

So I'm allowing my size and hunger pains to lead me on for now. The scale is so deceptive and can de-rail progress so quickly. I should just get rid of the damn thing altogether and keep to my size. That's what I did at my thinnest. I lived with my parents who didn't have a scale and I couldn't have told you how much I weighed. I just used my shrinking measurements to gauge. I need to try to do that again because really the number doesn't matter to me so much as the space I am taking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment