Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hopeful but not expecting

160.0

Another three pound month, but honestly I should be grateful. When I look at everything I consumed over the past month and how little my exercise was for about 2 straight weeks of April, I should be happy for any kind of loss at all. I was really hoping to be in the 150's by now. I should be in the 150's by now. But hunger has led to a few binges and I'm so set on not purging. That coupled with a lot of social gatherings has meant too many days with too small a deficit. Even if I didn't break into another weight milestone, I did drop below a 24 BMI. So that's also a plus. Additionally, a friend of mine whom I haven't seen much in the past couple of months came over last night and commented on my weight loss (something that should be good positive reinforcement, but always makes me uncomfortable). She asked what I have been doing. I told her cutting back food, running, and yoga, which is true. I didn't explain to what extent, though in the past month my overall calorie consumption doesn't look that far off from what a normal person would eat so I'm really not hiding anything. It just feels like a ton compared to earlier in the year. Compared to what I should be eating.

The proximity of my current weight to the next milestone (read: the 150's, so really only one pound away) is motivating me to put my nose to the grindstone. The past two days I have been restricting well, and keeping active so hopefully I keep this up.

In other positive news, Jazzercise is having a promotion where all through the month of May ALL classes are completely free. As in, you can take as many as you want. I've never done it before, but their website boasts that you can burn up to 800 Calories in one class so I'm definitely going to try it. Even if I don't enjoy it very much, I should be able to keep it up for a month if it's free. It's also less than a mile from my house so realistically I could walk there.

Also, I wish my thighs weren't so large. I know, who doesn't wish that, but I have gotten smaller and all of my size 6 shorts and jeans are plenty big in the waist, and I want to get 4's so badly, but I can't yet fit my massive thighs into them.

Keep working.

2 comments:

  1. congrats darling!
    I mean how far are you from the 150s? basically there!
    and hey progress is always progress. This told by someone who is actually going the opposite way..
    stay strong and run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3lbs a month adds up to quite a bit over the course of a year! I know it never seems like enough though.

    Jazzercise sounds interesting! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete