Sunday, July 10, 2011

Reason not to eat this week

It just occurred to me that my ex-boyfriend will be at the wedding next weekend. We're still good friends (even my husband likes him, and probably talks to him more than I do) and besides, I am the one who broke up with him; but there is still that desire to look great. Even though I am not a skinny as I was when we were together (I was at my lowest weight back then), I do think I am prettier than I was when we were together. My eyebrows are less bushy, my skin is less dry and uneven, my hair is twice as long, golden blond and lightened from the summer sun, and I dress more femininely (I used to be quite the tomboy). And while I know I won't get down to a weight that is near what it was when I was dating him (I was actually underweight back then, according to my BMI), I at least don't want to look like a whale. So this week, no sodium, no carbs, only water to drink, lots of exercise, get some sun.

3 comments:

  1. I always want to try to look my best when I know I'm going to see someone I haven't seen in a long time. Ex-boyfriend (no matter how the relationship ended), friend, family member, whatever. It's also great motivation to lose weight/get in shape. I hope you do amazing this week. Stay strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always want to look extra hot around former flames. Why not make them wish or wonder? It's all in good fun.

    ReplyDelete