Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh Happiness

I usually work day shifts but one of the evening shift girls asked me to switch with her today, so I have the morning off. I don't go in to work until 4pm. But since I am up every day at 6am with my husband, I figured I have lots of time to be productive. I was tempted to go back to bed after he left for work, but I resisted. So after consuming a piece of cheese and a glass of water, I set to business. I collected up all of our empty beer and wine bottles and took them to the bottle redemption center. I used to the money from them to get myself an iced coffee. I then went grocery shopping and then made a return at the mall. I came home, and started cold brewing some coffee for iced coffee (if you are looking to make your own, I highly recommend this page). After accomplishing these things, I was thinking to myself Man, I probably missed the hottest part of the day and all the sun (it's supposed to get cloudy this afternoon) and will have to be getting ready for work soon. I looked up at the clock... 10:30 am! Most excellent! I love having a productive morning. It is way earlier than I thought. So I am going to go for a run, do up the dishes, clean the bathroom, finish the laundry and then go to work. No boredom eating for me today!

Also, I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw this energy drink. I am not typically a big fan of energy drinks. They are usually loaded with sugar, taste awful and give me heartburn. But I saw this, and it is flavored with Bing Cherry juice (and of course, other flavors). I love bing cherries and I had been looking for something to keep me awake this weekend when I drive the three hours to the airport at 4am. The price was 3 twelve ounce cans for 5 bucks so the price wasn't bad either. And I must say, they are the tastiest energy drink I have ever had. They are only 40 calories while at the same time not loaded with artificial sweetener. They do have sucralose, but it's not overpowering. And to top it all off, no heartburn! I tend to keep my energy drink consumption to a minimum, but I am quite sure I will purchase these again!


2 comments:

  1. I love when I am able to be productive. It doesn't happen very often though. I hope the rest of the day is just as good for you. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the productive day! Those are the best. The energy drink sounds delish but I doubt they sell it here in Canada! I'll keep my eyes open though. Have a good one <3 -G

    ReplyDelete