Friday, February 15, 2013

Flu diet results

I haven't had much of an appetite since getting sick. So I haven't gained back the weight. But I'm also not up to my usual strength either. When I worked out a couple of days ago I couldn't lift NEARLY what I was lifting about a week before the flu so I have lost some muscle and I probably am low on glycogen (which stores a lot of water with it) so once I'm sure the weight will come back with getting my strength back. Which sucks.

On the plus side, a classmate today asked me if I have lost "a bunch of weight" lately.

I told him I had lost some when I was sick. Which is true.

The down side to him noticing, is that if the weight comes back as I fully recover from the flu, it's going to be noticeable that I've gained weight.

So I'm going to go for a run. Hopefully with more success than yesterday. I haven't been able to rid myself of the upper respiratory issues since being sick so cardio is super difficult. Yesterday I was running much slower than my maximum ability and still the increase in my breathing ended up making me cough so hard I threw up. Fortunately, there wasn't much in my stomach so not much came up, but there was some additional dry-heaving. Which is never fun...

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day. We went out to eat the night before. I had a white chocolate martini and butternut squash ravioli and still somehow woke up half a pound lighter the next morning. Figure that.

No comments:

Post a Comment