Monday, January 30, 2012

Running, running, running

Bella: Thank you for the confidence! I appreciate it. It's definitely the toughest thing I have ever done.

Kitty: That is a good point, I was able to lose a lot eating low carb and it would be nice to go back to that. It has been difficult though with my school schedule. I have been trying not to over-do it on the carbs as it is, packing turkey and cheese rolls for lunch and stuff. The toughest part is that I don't have much for breaks during the day so I tend to pack things I can snack on, like Luna bars; which have a lot of protein, but also more sugar than I could eat on the low carb thing.


According to Daily Mile, I have burned 987 Calories in running today. My first two classes were canceled this morning, so I took the opportunity to go for a good long run. Then this afternoon I was feeling stressed out from one of my classmates (who is a nice person, but he sees the world as very black and white and if you DARE to disagree with him he gets all fired up. He's just too intense for me) so I went outside, and HOLY SHIT it was 60 degrees and sunny outside!!! This is winter in the Midwest?!?! So I skipped my afternoon class and went down to the river to go for another run. It was beautiful out and I felt like I could run forever. I enjoyed the exercise and I think I really needed the sunlight. I am indoors all day every day and it gets depressing.

So then I cam home and cleaned the house, top to bottom. I should've been studying but out place has been filthy for like, two weeks now and we have just been too busy to do anything about it. Since it was so nice out, I opened all the windows and doors and went to town on it.

After all that exercise and cleaning I feel like a new woman! Haha. Now to make some dinner for Husband and then get back to studying.

4 comments:

  1. When I used to do the Atkins, I used to have a protein shake for bfast. I could take it with me - was low cal and low carb. So maybe that would be an option if you go for it again. :)

    Just a nice burn! Glad it made you feel good ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with all that running!!
    I find it great for stress relief :)

    Si xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!! All that running and cleaning definately burned major calories!! Send some of that energy my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a heck of a lot of running. Good job. It's great when exercise feels good and joyful and not like a chore. I LOVE the way I feel when my house is all clean too.

    ReplyDelete