Thursday, February 9, 2017

Insanity

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I decided recently I would start weighing myself on Mondays and Fridays. I've been sitting right around 156 for way too long. I keep working all week to get my weight down, and then gorging myself with beer and junk food on Friday and Saturday night. I see it on the scale every week. It's lunacy. I'm up a few pounds every Monday morning. I work all week to get rid of them, then I see them again on Monday. Within about half a pound, I see the same two numbers every Monday and Friday.

I need to avoid the social drinking. It always leads to late night social eating. I need to avoid people. I'm better off. I save money and calories by not being around people. This was so much easier before I was married. I was good at losing weight because I was good at avoiding people. But if I am really in control, I should be able to socialize and not be so fat.

Get your shit together.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea to which extent I rely to this post. Possibly the main difference is I weight myself every day; but it's the same shit. I drop 3 /4 pounds each week between Monday and Friday and gain them between Friday and Monday.
    When I think about it, I wasn't less social before I started living with husband. It was just easier lying: I could always say "I ate before I came". It was easier choosing food joints which I knew did not offer any kind of food I liked.
    Still, I'm better off fat with a husband than lonely and skinny.
    I just need to find a way to make it skinny and with a husband :-)

    ReplyDelete