Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Excuses on excuses.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I can't lose weight without exercising. Do I sound like a broken record?? I've been cutting back and cutting back and eating almost entirely fruits and vegetables with a few healthy fats and proteins thrown in, I haven't binged and I've even cut my alcohol intake in half and I haven't lost an ounce. Why? Hardly exercising at all.

It doesn't make logical sense, I should be losing if I was maintaining at one caloric intake and then decreased it. But not if you have a metabolism that crashes to the ground without regular cardio!

I need to run. But the only chances I get are at night, which is fine in better weather, but in the bitter cold is a guaranteed way to slip and fall on some unforeseen ice. I've been doing a little yoga, but not enough to actually amount to the calorie burn of a 10 mile run. I have a treadmill in my basement, but rarely use it because it's janky as hell (I got it for free) and the incline doesn't work at all AND WHAT IS RUNNING IF IT ISN'T UPHILL????

So mostly I'm full of shit excuses but I appreciate if you've read this far.

2 comments:

  1. Hey beauty
    I know, I know!
    Ice is a problem here as well. Last Sunday I was at a mere 13km race, and 3 out of the 13 turned to be on ice/snow. ffffuuuuck, I'm so afraid of falling!
    I'm also giving the Kayla Itsines 12 weeks challenge BBG a chance - I'm in week 2 and I've done so far all the envisaged trainings, so that should be good right? only I'm so frustrated at work, I'm eating like a pig :-(
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite. I can exercise like mad for a month and it has no more effect on my weight than a month without exercise on the same intake. It's frustrating as hell either way. Have you thought about step aerobics? It's my favourite type on indoor exercise. Before I had a proper step, I just did on the steps on the back porch.

    xx

    ReplyDelete