Wednesday, July 20, 2016

At least I kept moving.

Today was a bad day to eat lunch.

Had I not eaten lunch, or had it only been vegetables, I wouldn't have felt so compelled to run more than a couple of miles. Obviously I should be running at least seven miles every day but it has been 100 degrees with 97% humidity so I feel justified in keeping the mileage low because I refuse to be that person who passes out on the side of the road. But today I almost did.

I took the dog with me for the first two miles but it was too hot for him, so I took him home and ran 4 more by myself. The first 2 miles were bearable, but then my headphones died (Bluetooth) so I couldn't listen to music which made it damn near impossible to focus on anything except how hot it was outside and how lightheaded I was getting. So the last two miles had a lot of walking mixed in, especially because at that point it was all uphill, but dammit at least I kept moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment